Working in a restaurant has its struggles. But dating someone who works in a restaurant, man, that comes with another category of struggles.
Here are 10 Signs You’re Dating Someone in the Restaurant Industry:
1. You get pretty used to the smell of grease.
And…other strange, strange scents.
2. You no longer question large amounts of cash in their pocket every weekend.
It did seem sketchy at first, OK!
3.There has never been a “spontaneous” weekend get-away. Ever.
Hey, friends, why do we have to go to Block Island on Friday, why not Wednesday…and be home by Thursday afternoon?
4. Your stories from work don’t even come close to theirs.
I know you had a guest throw his spaghetti on the floor out of anger, but Bob jammed the copy machine… AGAIN!
5. You have stopped buying coasters, notebooks, and pens.
Your apartment is basically the land of lost stationary at this point.
6. Sleep schedules are… tricky.
When you’re waking up for work, they are just getting back. So convenient!
7. If Orange Is The New Black, then Monday is the new Friday.
Yah, I’ve got “crazy eyes” for you even though I have to work at 8 tomorrow morning.
8. You basically are dating the best mathematician of our generation.
I haven’t seen anyone do mental math that fast since Alan in The Hangover
9. Speaking of which, they’re basically your therapist.
The amount of people that tell them their life story a day makes you seem…normal.
10. And, most importantly, you’ve gained a greater respect for the industry.
From never tipping anything less than 20%, never begging to go to brunch again, and appreciating a good wine uncorking, you have gained a new outlook on the art of a well-run restaurant.
Dating someone in the restaurant industry… 1, we feel for you, and 2, tweet us at @getupserve with any other rants you may have.