Plenty of websites feature pretty designs. Upserve’s new restaurant menu design builder goes further. It recently introduced the first “Smart Menu” builder template, which uses data-driven practices and the psychology of menu design to grab customer attention, sell more of the most lucrative dishes, and drive repeat business.
This infographic illustrates 12 key data-driven and psychological factors for best practices in restaurant menu design.
This infographic, “The Science of Restaurant Menus,” illustrates 12 key data-driven and psychological factors that Upserve factored into the template, and what it considers best practices for restaurant menu design. Key insights include:
- The precise number of items that should be on your menu
- Where to place the higher-margin items on your menu
- The optimal ratio of food to drink items
- How to lay out menu items in a visually gripping way
- Which items to list first
- Why longer menu item descriptions sell more food
Click on the image below for a 15 page printable PDF version of Upserve’s “Science of Restaurant Menus” infographic.