The Top Choice of Restaurateurs for Point of Sale, Payments and Analytics Makes Online Ordering Easier, More Rewarding
Providence, RI – January 10, 2018 – Upserve, the industry’s leading full-service Restaurant Management Platform, grew its Upserve Online Ordering capabilities, adding in-demand features that make fulfilling online orders easier for restaurant owners and staff while delighting guests. These new features are designed with both the restaurant and customer in mind, streamlining online ordering restaurant profits.
“Analysts expect online ordering to fuel a 79 percent increase in the U.S. food home delivery market over the next five years, creating a huge opportunity for restaurants to increase revenue without adding seats,” said Angus Davis, CEO and Founder of Upserve. “Now more than ever, restaurants need strong online ordering tools to transform this insatiable consumer demand into a profitable bonanza for the bottom line.”
The update announced today is available immediately to all restaurants using Upserve Online Ordering, and is the first major update since Upserve first launched Online Ordering three months ago.
“It’s so efficient and saves us so much time,” said Kenn Pluard, owner of Kenji’s Ramen & Grill in Vancouver, WA. “Five minutes saved that we don’t have to take an order by phone, plus five minutes we don’t have to spend taking payment.”
The new features in this release of Upserve Online Ordering include:
- Embed online ordering on restaurant websites – In addition to a dedicated ordering site, restaurant owners can now embed Upserve Online Ordering widgets directly inside their own websites, providing a seamless customer experience.
- Integrated loyalty program – Restaurants can seamlessly enroll customers into their Upserve Loyalty program with every online order.
- Increase average order size – Restaurants can nudge loyalty program members to add to their order when they’re close to earning a reward, increasing average order size.
- Create online ordering guest lists for targeted marketing – Using Upserve’s popular Guest Book, restaurants can compare spending behavior of Online Ordering Customers with other customer segments, and export information for targeted marketing.
- Place online orders with social login – Restaurant customers can use their Facebook or Google login without having to create a new account to place an order
- Take online orders days in advance – Restaurant customers can now order up to seven days ahead, and restaurants can send “Your order is ready” notifications by email or text. This feature is particularly useful in attracting lucrative office catering orders.
- Precise delivery zone selection – Restaurants can select their precise delivery zone by selecting an area on a Google map.
- On the fly alerts: Restaurants can customize alert notifications when online orders arrive, freeing staff from pinning in just to check on the online orders queue. This feature will be available with Breadcrumb Point of Sale version 2.15.1, later this month.
Upserve is the magic ingredient that helps restaurateurs thrive, putting everything they need in one place. In a single platform, Upserve offers the market-leading cloud point of sale for restaurants, Breadcrumb POS by Upserve; actionable analytics through Upserve HQ; transparent processing with Upserve Payments; mobile restaurant management with Upserve Live, and seamless integration with leading third-party restaurant apps via the Upserve Marketplace. Thousands of restaurants use Upserve to manage relationships with more than 32 million active diners, process over $11 billion in annual sales, and serve over 23 million meals per month. Upserve is headquartered in Providence with additional offices in San Francisco and New York City.